Saturday, January 6, 2007

What If?

I'm reading this book called "The Boys' Crusade" by Paul Fussel. For those who don't know what happened during the Crusades I'll tell you, since I'm a history geek. During the Crusades in 1212 a sum of possibly 20,000(with wooden swords) kids formed together to become the children's crusade. What ended up happening was that one of their leaders was crazy and believed that he could part the sea. When the gang found out that he was a big dumbo the "massive army" split up. So as I begin to read it, a "what if" question dawns upon me. So here it is What if our "great president" decided to have his own little Children's Crusade. I know most people reading this are saying, "DON'T GIVE HIM ANY IDEAS." well he would have to fight off all the disagreeing moms first. Talk about crazy, the USA's future as we know it would disappear. Also there is a great comparison between our government and the kid who led the crusaders. There were two but the main one was Stephen of Cloyes-(pretty much crazy) Saw Jesus in a dream and that the sea would part for his followers. Hmmmm I wonder who that could compare to. Lets see here a crazy guy thinks he can lead his people to victory by waiting for magic to happen.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"a crazy guy thinks he can lead his people to victory by waiting for magic to happen."

I'm going to lead my people to victory, waiting for magic to happen. Cool. I didn't know I had people tough.

Anonymous said...

That is a fantastic anaolgy. Once, shortly after 9/11 the country (world for the most part) was united in America's right to defend itself. Now because of our child like leader we are divided and our "empire" is at risk. Good work!

Anonymous said...

Are kids in your school worried about more soldiers going to Iraq..or possibly being drafted?

Good thoughts there...did you know you were a writer and a future president?