Monday, May 7, 2007

Bomb Threat


Today the strangest thing happened. I got on the bus to go to school, just like every day, but today was different. As I sat there pondering what the world would be like of it was ruled by rabid monkeys. When all of a sudden the bus driver turns off the radio and the sound of someone’s voice echoed through the metal bus. “There has been a bomb threat called in and the police are currently searching the school. Listen for more announcements.” I’m thinking, “Great, were going to have to sit on this bus for a couple hours.” So we get the rest of the stops, and start back towards the school. On the way back we get a new announcement. It said, “All buses divert to the Casus parking lot (which is down the street).” So we pull into the parking lot and begin are wait. A few minutes later we are told that it should only be a couple minutes….Here we are thirty minutes later sitting on the bus. We are finally cleared. The bus driver pulls out and exits the parking lot only to be stopped by the traffic of all students with cars leaving to go home. Finally we get through the traffic. Everyone exits the bus and heads for their class. I got to my class and to my astonishment there were a total number of three students. As I waited a few more showed up, but not many. Those who did show up just called their parents. Eventually there wasn’t enough students to do an efficient lesson plan so I to left. I later heard many rumors, but I’m still not a hundred percent sure what happened.

1 comment:

Me. Here. Right now. said...

Wow, honey--that's scary. Were the rabid monkeys responsible? I hope not. They are pesky things. Gina found one in the yard last week and, well, it wasn't pretty. She's frothing at the mouth a bit, but figure she'll be okay.